2 months ago, I decided to lessen my meat consumption. So, I gradually started eating less pork and beef until I was no longer consuming them. That leaves the white meat and seafood. Since I am the only one in the family switching to this lifestyle, I am now responsible on cooking my own food, especially when it is a pork/beef dish on the family table. It was challenging giving up my bacon and steaks! But hey, I’m choosing to eat healthier and be less dependent on meat. Plus, I get to help lessen my carbon footprint!
But, you are not here to know about my switch! You are here to know what quickie recipe I did. And yes, it is a less meat, more veggie recipe that I conjured from what I have in the fridge. So, without further ado, here it goes.
Disclaimer: I don’t measure, ’cause I just listen to the whispers of my ancestors! haha The amount are all based on my personal taste buds. And please bear with my cooking terms, I’m just writing it here to share this recipe with you.
- Butter (you can use olive oil or any cooking oil you prefer)
- White onion (half)
- Soy Sauce
- Twins (Salt and Pepper)
- Green bell pepper
- Korean fish cake
- Bunashimeji mushroom (you can use any edible mushroom)
If your are in need of Keto recipes, check out this ebook here.
Let’s do it!
- Melt the butter in your cooking pan. Saute garlic and white onion for a couple of minutes.
- Drop your greens (broccoli first, then green bell pepper). Let it cook for another couple of minutes. While waiting for your greens to cook, boil the Quinoa on a separate pan. Follow instructions on your Quinoa package 😅
- You can now put your mushroom followed by the fish cake, and lastly, tofu. Stir them all together.
- Add your twins (salt and pepper – twins is what I call them) along with other herbs and spices of your choice. I put basil and a little cayenne pepper for a tangy taste. Mix them well.
- Add soy sauce (at least 2-3 tbsp, depending on your preference).
- Lastly, as soon as your Quinoa absorbed all the water, transfer it on your veggie pan and mix everything until they are evenly distributed. Taste and adjust accordingly.
And there you have it! An easy, quick Quinoa recipe! I hope you enjoy this recipe as I did when I was making it. Please do tag me on Instagram (@elliquin_) when you try this! I’d love to see your version!
Oh, if you happen to have leftovers for the next day, you can also try putting quick-melt cheese and have it run in the microwave oven for 2mins. Trust me, it’s yum! 😉🤤
Hello, beautiful soul! Thank you for reading this article.
My name is Ellia, and I write relatable, meaningful and inspiring content that would be of value to your own personal growth. Just keep doing you and believe in yourself. 🌻
Subscribe to my mailing list to get notified of my future posts.